Tuesday 25 October 2011

St Pancras

It was a special journey for me last weekend as I visited the very church where in the 1700s my ancestors were christened and married. To touch the door that they would have touched, and walk the grounds where more than likely they were buried was a strangely comforting experience.

As I look at my family tree, and back through my family history, I realise how much my existence depended on the circumstances of the past. My faith tells me that God had my life planned, and if so, so many things had to fall into place over hundreds, indeed thousands of years, for me to be me.

And as I look at my children now, it is incredible to think that one day I will be a name on someones family tree, part of the puzzle that is their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment